Osteopathy is a holistic approach to health care. You may therefore come to us with one specific issue or many different complaints. The Tilsworth Clinic can help you with any of the issues listed below.
We look at and treat the whole body, and we offer longer appointments for those who need it.
You can find out more about the types of health issues with which our osteopaths at The Tilsworth Clinic can help you, below. Our issue-specific pages offer details about the types of treatments our osteopaths can provide to help with specific health problems.
Please note: your osteopath can help you with a variety of conditions, health issues, and general aches and pains. While this page lists some of the most common conditions that osteopaths treat, do keep in mind that this is list not exhaustive. Please contact us if you are unsure whether your osteopath can help you with specific the health issues you are experiencing.
If you would like to know more about osteopathy in general, please visit our information page.
The Tilsworth Clinic – helping you and your family with …
Body Aches & Pains
Treatment for joint and muscular pain caused by various issues such as frozen shoulder, tennis elbow (lateral epicondylitis), neuralgia (nerve pain), circulation problems, fibromyalgia, osteoarthritis, rheumatoid arthritis, muscles spasms and more…
Women’s Health Issues
Pelvic discomforts, cramps, muscular and joint pains during and after pregnancy, circulation problems.
Migrains, headaches (cervicogenic), nerve pain (neuralgia), mechanical neck pain, circulation problems.
Back Pain & Sciatica
Acute & Chronic associated with muscle spasms, joint pain, cramps, lumbago, rheumatic pain, neuralgia (nerve pain), sciatica and fibromyalgia.
Treatment of digestive problems and cramps. Managing symptoms of IBS.
Sports Injuries & Risks
Sports injuries and sports-associated health risks.
The Tilsworth Clinic’s practice principle and osteopath, Marie, has a special interest in this area.
Tension & Stress
Combination treatments aimed to relax and switch off from the outside world to manage stress-related pain management.
Talk to an osteopath about ways of keeping active, preventing common problems such as falls and managing conditions such as osteoarthritis, rheumatic pain and osteoporosis.
Telephone and Video Consultation
When needed, the Tilsworth Clinic can help you from a distance. As highly trained healthcare professional, we will apply our clinical judgement to decide how and when telephone and video consultations should be used to best support our patient’s care.
These types of consultations will be considered and conducted in the same manner as our in-clinic consultations. While they provide a different experience, these virtual appointments offer a valuable opportunity for the patient to ask questions and for us to check on our patient’s progress.
If a telephone or video consultation does not allows us to make relevant clinical observations/examinations and provide clinically-based advice, then we will refer patients for a face to face consultation (unless they are required to self-isolate).
What happens during a virtual consultation
- You will receive an online link to join for your online consultation.
- We will discuss your symptoms and problems, assess you by asking you to perform specific movements and explain your working diagnosis.
- You will receive a detailed exercise programme and manual therapy techniques tailored to your needs via email
- The time spent on the call will be between 15-30min as judged appropriate.
Technology – Helping you prepare for your appointment
In order to carry out our virtual appointments, we use encrypted services via our clinic Software “Cliniko“.
- Our osteopaths will conduct the consultation in a well-lit private room.
- We also recommend that our patients set up for their osteopathy appointments in a similar well-lit and quiet environment. Additionally, patients must have a good mobile/broadband service to ensure the best connection.
- We will not record our sessions.
- You may find that using headphones can reduce the risk of sound feedback.
- If you experience technical difficulties, particularly if you cannot hear us, then we will suggest that the consultation is re-started or closed and re-scheduled.
Key facts: how osteopathy can help you
Marie Caublot (osteopath and Practice Principal) is registered with and recognised by the medical insurance providers listed below.
If your health insurance is covered by one of these companies, please get in touch with them in advance of your appointment with Marie to find out how you can claim insurance on your osteopathic care. You will usually have to submit a full appointment receipt to your insurance provider alongside your claim.